marie i'd fine with that if it wasn't almost always used as fire power against men

you make this best argument possible for it not being a slur but the only problem is it's used a slur and that makes it a slur

QuoteAs MM says, this is just linguistic equality. Anything else is othering trans people.

trans are subjected to all kinds of discrimination- embracing a slur that only means i'm not one of them hardly feels like i'm doing them a favor and i'm definitely not doing myself a favor

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 07, 2023, 12:08 AMmarie i'd fine with that if it wasn't almost always used as fire power against men

you make this best argument possible for it not being a slur but the only problem is it's used a slur and that makes it a slur

The screenshot seemed pretty weak in terms of being offensive. I realize these are your feelings and you're allowed to have them, but there will always be people using labels to enable prejudice. Any broad descriptor of people will be used for that, also trans.

I usually just ignore that kind of stuff. Cis male is like billions of people. It doesn't describe you.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 07, 2023, 12:08 AMmarie i'd fine with that if it wasn't almost always used as fire power against men

for the last time, that's not how a slur works. Read about it.

The ruling class cannot be slurred per say as they are the ones that put the oppression onto other people.  Same with being racist towards white people, impossible.  Fire power against men is fine and dandy in certain contexts, while not all men deserve it, it's the fact that so many cis men are intolerable bigots that's the reason it's usually used in a negative context.  By itself, no cis male is not a slur.  It means men who are not transgender.  They don't fully understand the trans experience as they are not that, which is fine in itself but it's the fact that so many men abuse their power that it becomes a problem and thus people use the term cis male in a negative context.

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

the only ruling class are the rich

rich trans people are golden

a rich trans person who claims they're being oppressed by a poor white man is a counter-revolutionary and should be treated as such

poor white people cannot be racist against rich black people because the rich of all demographics hold all the cards and all the power

they teach you these counter-revolutionary ideas because colleges are the propaganda units of capitalism

rich black trans people eat where they want, live and travel where they want, receive the healthcare they want and are shielded from violence with literal walls and locked cars and so on

the poor look for food in the garbage, live exposed to the elements, do not receive healthcare and are regularly victims of violence because they have no walls or locked doors to hide behind

you might be right that the ruling class cannot be slured, at least not in a way with any venom but the only criterion to be ruling class is money because the only person who doesn't accept money for services is some lady who makes wedding cakes in Kentucky

Quote from: Marie Monday on Feb 07, 2023, 09:25 AM

for the last time, that's not how a slur works. Read about it.

i have read about it - the difference is i've actually thought about it

#38 Feb 07, 2023, 08:07 PM Last Edit: Feb 07, 2023, 08:18 PM by Guybrush
I don't necessarily expect you to get along, but don't let this thread degenerate into mere trolling or throwing of insults.

Happiness is a warm manatee

This thread started as mere trolling.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Calling this thread to a halt at this point rather than everything that went before seems ill-considered.

I'm not trying to degenerate this thread, I'm just giving up on the discussion because I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I think I've shown much more patience and politeness in this conversation than you can expect, especially as a person with a history of gender-related bullying.

it's not a troll just because you don't like it

i've been called tucker (tucker carlson as if i'm remotely right wing) timothy (timothy mcveigh lol no offense taken) boomer and by default a troll

any word that's regularly used in a derogatory fashion is a slur - retarded has a medical non-offensive technical meaning as well but everyone knows it's a slur

cis is regularly used in a derogatory way therefore it's a slur -

like would i really say i love cis women or would i just say i love women

i love women sounds normal
i live cis women sounds abnormal

you know why? because cis is a sexist slur

Quote from: Marie Monday on Feb 07, 2023, 08:36 PMCalling this thread to a halt at this point rather than everything that went before seems ill-considered.

I'm not trying to degenerate this thread, I'm just giving up on the discussion because I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I think I've shown much more patience and politeness in this conversation than you can expect, especially as a person with a history of gender-related bullying.
I agree. You've shown a lot of restraint here and this thread was clearly created antagonize people.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quotethink I've shown much more patience and politeness in this conversation than you can expect, especially as a person with a history of gender-related bullying.

the implication that i'm saying something bigoted is ridiculous

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 07, 2023, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Marie Monday on Feb 07, 2023, 08:36 PMCalling this thread to a halt at this point rather than everything that went before seems ill-considered.

I agree. You've shown a lot of restraint here and this thread was clearly created antagonize people.

if i thought everyone agreed there would be no point in the thread - having a different opinion and expressing it is the cornerstone of discussion- and that's what i mean by wokeness going to far - the belief that an opposing opinion is an act of hostility