Feb 06, 2023, 01:40 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2023, 10:06 PM by Guybrush
i've never seen it used except in a negative context

"trans women frequent suffer from cis male abuse"

not

"i love my kind cis male husband"

i call others what they want to be called - please call me a man refering to my sex or gender - no qualifier needed - thanks

i didn't mean to post this in the secret forum - please move to the lounge

I would only ever point out someone as being cis if it was absolutely necessary for context. I would hope everyone would do the same for trans people.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

if you need context for me i prefer "a man who was born with a beautiful ding dong"

let's be specific

#4 Feb 06, 2023, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2023, 05:15 PM by Janszoon
For the record, I have zero problem being referred to as cis. It's not a slur. The OP reads like a white person complaining about being called white.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

QuoteIt's not a slur.

What else do you call a word that's almost always used to identify an enemy?

The only people who use the term cis have something bad to say about men but want to be sure they're not including trans men.

Anyway if I can't dictate how I'm referred to I'm reserving the right to return the favor.

Stop being so melodramatic. It's just a descriptor.

i already have a descriptor

man

That's one descriptor, but there are endless others as well, like your nationality, your race, your age, your height, your weight, your employment status, your sexual orientation, and your assigned sex and gender identity.

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 06, 2023, 05:34 PM
QuoteIt's not a slur.

What else do you call a word that's almost always used to identify an enemy? 
Thats not what a slur is, it's more nuanced than that. The fact that you use 'almost' indicates the main difference: a slur is an inherently abusive word, regardless of context. It's more than just an identifier. 'Cis white male'can be used discriminatingly (just like 'black people' can be used in a racist statement) but in itself it's just a descriptor.

I'm announcing I'm offended by it so if it's used to describe me I'll return serve with slurs that other folks don't like.

Ok Tucker.

@Hawk, that's illogical and unacceptable. Are you being serious or attempting a parody of what you think being woke means?

I'm completely serious. Cis is hate speech and I'm not going to tolerate it. I know everything about what bigotry is growing up when I did in the deep south and can smell hate all over that word. I also know what happens when you let others "other" you they keep kicking and kicking until they're curb stomping your grandchildren. I'm not turning a blind eye to it. I call people what they want to be called. I expect the same.

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 06, 2023, 07:54 PMOk Tucker.

Show me the clip of Tucker going off on the police and the rich and capitalism like I do, Hillary.