Quote from: Janiya on Apr 15, 2024, 11:51 PMI might get a lot of hate for this but I don't like Breakfast Club, I just don't get the vibe of that movie it's not terrible but it's not for me.

It's literally a group of school kids sitting in a library during detention. It's pretty straight forward.

Quote from: Janiya on Apr 15, 2024, 11:51 PMI might get a lot of hate for this but I don't like Breakfast Club, I just don't get the vibe of that movie it's not terrible but it's not for me.

I will never forgive them for turning the goth girl into a prep.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Do you feel this way about all the Hughes movies? If so I get it. Breakfast Club 16 Candles

I do love Weird Science though. Used to watch the TV show too.

I was this cool the whole time.

Never watched any of those but always assumed they're mostly held up by nostalgia.

I'm not a big fan of Buellers day off. I watched it once or twice and I'm good.

I'm sure it is purely nostalgic bait that holds it up with the other coming of age flicks.

Hercules (1983)
I saw this in the theater and even as a six year old I knew it was bad, really bad. Here's a scene from it of Lou Ferrigno beating up a guy in a bear suit and hurling him into space.   

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Key on Apr 16, 2024, 05:34 AMIt's literally a group of school kids sitting in a library during detention. It's pretty straight forward.

When I say vibe I mean trendiness that probably wasn't a good word to use :coldsweat: but that's literally my point I just don't get how people like the movie it was overhyped for no reason what so ever. I'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat something I don't like it's just my opinion about it this is probably the only movie I don't like.

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 16, 2024, 08:30 AMDo you feel this way about all the Hughes movies? If so I get it. Breakfast Club 16 Candles

I do love Weird Science though. Used to watch the TV show too.

I do like Weird Science as well and Uncle Buck I'm not really a critic when it comes to movies but a lot of his movies are overrated and it gets pretty annoying.

"I am the son
And the heir

Quote from: Janiya on Apr 16, 2024, 02:11 PMWhen I say vibe I mean trendiness that probably wasn't a good word to use :coldsweat: but that's literally my point I just don't get how people like the movie it was overhyped for no reason what so ever. I'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat something I don't like it's just my opinion about it this is probably the only movie I don't like.

I first saw it when it was only a couple years old and I loved it. I had heard of it before, but I don't recall it being overhyped.

#39 Apr 16, 2024, 03:38 PM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2024, 03:55 PM by Janiya
Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 16, 2024, 03:24 PMI first saw it when it was only a couple years old and I loved it. I had heard of it before, but I don't recall it being overhyped.

Breakfast Club was popular on TikTok like 2 years ago I just wanted to see what it was about I didn't really like it. Also, Dazed and Confused I liked this movie but then it got on TikTok not saying I don't like it anymore. It was overhyped on social media just like music there was a band called Tv Girl which is well known now because of the song "Lovers Rock" it spread like wildfire just because of one song. I liked Tv Girl for a second but it soon became old it's still really popular right now but I grew to dislike it. I don't know if anyone still uses Last.fm but "Lovers Rock" is their top song like it has been for the past two years I believe. Sorry for getting off topic but I didn't mean to say anything wrong about Breakfast Club I will rewatch if I missed anything.

"I am the son
And the heir

Quote from: Janiya on Apr 16, 2024, 03:38 PMBreakfast Club was popular on TikTok like 2 years ago I just wanted to see what it was about I didn't really like it. Also, Dazed and Confused I liked this movie but then it got on TikTok not saying I don't like it anymore.

I don't use TikTok, so I really can't relate. I watched The Breakfast Club for the first time in probably 1989 or 1990 and Dazed and Confused in probably 1994 or 1995. I actually didn't like Dazed and Confused at the time, but I've become a big Richard Linklater fan in the past 20 years or so and I feel like it's one I should probably revisit.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 16, 2024, 04:13 PMI don't use TikTok, so I really can't relate. I watched The Breakfast Club for the first time in probably 1989 or 1990 and Dazed and Confused in probably 1994 or 1995. I actually didn't like Dazed and Confused at the time, but I've become a big Richard Linklater fan in the past 20 years or so and I feel like it's one I should probably revisit.

I can't relate seeing those movies back in the 90s so I can see where you're coming from things today are different. Like this generation is full of Swifties I'm not really a fan of her I'm more of a Ween fan.

"I am the son
And the heir

My two cents: the teen movie from that time that's actually shit and praised for nostalgia's sake is Fast Times. Not even Sean Penn as the stoner guy can save it. The breakfast club is nice, most other John Hughes films are dated but charming, mostly thanks to the magnificent Molly Ringwald of course. Dazed and Confused was and is still incredible and I will die on that hill

I must have skipped over Dazed and Confused. Never seen it.