Quote from: MonaSomona on Oct 01, 2023, 08:04 PMYes and yes. I will watch both. I read Dune Part 2 isn't coming out till next year now. :(

Yeah writer's strike and actors strike screwed that.

I was this cool the whole time.

Ooooh, I'm obviously very late to this, but I just learned that Scorsese has a new movie out, Killers of the Flower Moon.

So now that's what I wanna see 🤩

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yeah I got an alert about that movie in my movie pass type app and I'm like wtf is that? I have to look up the trailer for it.

So I didn't realize this was even coming out and I'm a bit excited to watch it. I vaguely remember the original and I didn't see the musical when it came out recently so this will be a good refresher even though they say it's a bold new take on a classic.

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 18, 2023, 06:17 PMOoooh, I'm obviously very late to this, but I just learned that Scorsese has a new movie out, Killers of the Flower Moon.

So now that's what I wanna see 🤩

You weren't that late actually, you posted about this on Oct. 18th and it was released two days later Oct. 20th.

Can't wait to see this. They've been promising a movie about the story of the Von Erich family for at least 20 years, glad to see it's been made and finally coming out.

Not sure this will make much sense to you guys, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this one:

It's a sequel to the awkward, funny, slightly awful (in a good way) Swedish movie Tillsammans which is about guys living in a commune in the 70s.

In this sequel, they seem to be getting back together again only now it's 1999.

I have fond memories of the first one and the trailer for this looks promising, I think 🙂

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 21, 2023, 08:06 PM

So I didn't realize this was even coming out and I'm a bit excited to watch it. I vaguely remember the original and I didn't see the musical when it came out recently so this will be a good refresher even though they say it's a bold new take on a classic.

I've seen the original at least 50 times. It's in my personal collection of mood movies. I saw this advertisement for the new one yesterday. I'll watch it for sure, but I'm not expecting it to be on the level of the original.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

I'm so hyped for this. Great casting choice, Ana looks exactly like a younger version of Charlize Theron in certain shots.

The only problem which comes with most prequels is that the stakes are so low because you know the main character survives to do more stuff later on.

I'll confess: I've never actually seen any of those movies because for upwards of 15 years I had it confused with Mighty Max. Like, the kids' toy line.

I didn't even consciously think about it, I just heard "Mad Max" in passing and my brain was like "oh yeah, Mighty Max. Not interested."

And when I found out they were different things, it was 2015 and I was 26 years old.  :laughing:

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

why they making movies like this?!lol

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

They are trying to get every one comfortable with the idea of what possibly could happen in the future through all forms of media. It's funny they are making this movie. About three weeks ago, I downloaded a mobile game with the same premise. You go to war with different states. I downloaded it but haven't play it yet.

Looks pretty entertaining to me 🙂 maybe they're hoping it'll serve as a warning or just wanna cash in on some current fears or conflicts.

8)

May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet