There seems to be a huge number of prequel type movies coming out soon which I feel is going to give most audiences fatigue but I might watch this one with Timothy. I think he's a great actor and it will be interesting to see him take on this role.

Also Part 2 of Dune coming out in November. I can't wait for that.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: jadis on Jul 21, 2023, 08:20 PMI think the irony is in the juxtaposition of what seems like a pedophile hunter vigilante ethos of the new film and what this character represents in Happiness...

All this Barbie talk reminded me how much I used to love Greta Gerwig. Francis Ha is the closest millennials have to our own Annie Hall, I think

And Damsels in Distress is, for me, one of the most charming films ever made. I know that many find it annoying but it just melts my heart

Haven't really followed her more recent output though
I never liked Frances Ha a lot but then again, I don't like Annie Hall either. Love Greta though, very attractive and worthy of the hot peeps thread too

Fucking loooooved Frances Ha and think of it often. Love Greta on camera and off.

I only really know what's coming out based on the trailers for Barbie/Opp - based on those the only thing that excites me was the new Exorcist film.

Very very low expectations for Willèe Wonka - will be avoiding that one to keep my perfect image of Chalamet as Laurie from Gerwig's Little Women undisturbed.

Has anyone here seen Greta in Damsels? Literally one of my favorite films

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 02, 2023, 06:38 PMI never liked Frances Ha a lot but then again, I don't like Annie Hall either. Love Greta though, very attractive and worthy of the hot peeps thread too

I like it a lot, though not as obsessed with it as some of people I know. IMO it's a great film. One thing I noticed is that girls go crazy for Diane Keaton's looks and outfits.

I used to love Allen's 70s stuff. Bananas is the perfect comedy. Sleeper, too. Manhattan seemed very romantic to a teenage me (though today I'd agree there are "issues" with this film brilliantly pointed out by Didion back in 1979, way before things got gnarly in his private life).

Don't really have an opinion on watching his movies in light of the relatively recent child rape allegations because, among other things, it's been too long since I watched any

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I like Woodie Allen's films too, though it's so long since I saw Annie Hall. I saw Anna and her Sisters more recently (though still years ago) and remember that more clearly. I like it a lot.

Last thing I learned about Woody was this phone call between him and Mia Farrow concerning the (alleged) abuse of Dylan Farrow, Mia's daughter, born in 1985.

So my current impression of him is, more so now than before, that he's a despicable person.

I haven't seen the Allen vs. Farrow documentary, though.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Honestly I thought the Wonka trailer looked very wholesome and I kinda want to see it. Only thing that turned me off was advertising it as "from the people who brought you Harry Potter", blech.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 06, 2023, 01:35 PMI like Woodie Allen's films too, though it's so long since I saw Annie Hall. I saw Anna and her Sisters more recently (though still years ago) and remember that more clearly. I like it a lot.

Last thing I learned about Woody was this phone call between him and Mia Farrow concerning the (alleged) abuse of Dylan Farrow, Mia's daughter, born in 1985.

So my current impression of him is, more so now than before, that he's a despicable person.

I haven't seen the Allen vs. Farrow documentary, though.

Yeah he really seems like a massive piece of shit.

Hannah and her Sisters is fun, I like the Max von Sydow scenes. His gf is pretty hot, I think it's the sister Michael Cane has a crush on and hooks up with

Have you seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona? While very clearly an old man's sexual fantasy, it's also a good film.

Zelig is a masterpiece.

Play It Again, Sam is another one of his great 70s comedies, it's never cited along the others cause he only wrote it and starred in it but didn't direct it. Who cares, it's hilarious

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

This came out so much better than I was expecting. Super solid cast.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 18, 2023, 06:31 AM

This came out so much better than I was expecting. Super solid cast.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

I'm still really trying to make Willèe catch on

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Mindy on Sep 19, 2023, 11:18 PM

Hey, nice one! This looks fun 🙂👍

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Mindy on Sep 19, 2023, 11:18 PM

A24 is so good. I'm sure this will be dope. I'd love to see it.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 02, 2023, 11:58 AM

There seems to be a huge number of prequel type movies coming out soon which I feel is going to give most audiences fatigue but I might watch this one with Timothy. I think he's a great actor and it will be interesting to see him take on this role.

Also Part 2 of Dune coming out in November. I can't wait for that.

Yes and yes. I will watch both. I read Dune Part 2 isn't coming out till next year now. :(

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."