Bela Lugosi (Documentary)

The Fighting Lady (1944)

We just watched The Truth vs. Alex Jones, which is about the civil suits filed against Alex Jones for spreading  Sandy Hook conspiracy theories. It's obviously disturbing, but very well made.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Can't go wrong with a Burns documentary. Ken, I mean, not Charles Montgomery! I've seen, let's see.. Prohibition, The Dust Bowl, The Civil War, The War (WW II), The Vietnam War, Country Music, The West, The Statue of Liberty and just watched Hemingway. I like the way he uses Peter Coyote for (almost?) all of his documentaries, so that when you hear that voice you immediately feel comfortable this is going to be good. When Hemingway began I just knew it was a Ken Burns documentary, without even having to check. Mind you, I did think Coyote's voice was that of Burns, but even so. I will say, I knew little about Hemingway (never read him) but what I learned in the six-part documentary made me really feel negatively towards the guy.

The Antisocial Network, new on Netflix.

I've never seen Netflix but will track down a copy.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Apr 10, 2024, 12:35 PMThe Antisocial Network, new on Netflix.

I've never seen Netflix but will track down a copy.

I just watched that last weekend. It's good, but it's definitely the sort of thing that makes me realize there are way more idiots in the world than I used to think there were. 

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 10, 2024, 01:06 PMI just watched that last weekend. It's good, but it's definitely the sort of thing that makes me realize there are way more idiots in the world than I used to think there were. 

I just finished watching it. It makes me very worried about the next presidential election.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 10, 2024, 01:06 PMI just watched that last weekend. It's good, but it's definitely the sort of thing that makes me realize there are way more idiots in the world than I used to think there were. 

Yeah, and not just idiots but hateful and dangerous idiots. Even the comment section for that trailer is just straight Nazi shit all the way down, and all those comments have hundreds of likes. Very depressing and terrifying.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Mafia Justice: The True Story of the Lufthansa Heist from Goodfellas Documentary

Still photos and stock film footage with narration throughout. Not the most visually interesting documentary but it does a great job of informing the viewer about the infamous heist and all of the people involved on both sides of the law.