Oh, I forgot but I can get some tomorrow. It's a jungle out there.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 23, 2023, 02:38 PMDoes anyone feel brave enough to show pics of their gardens or indoor floral set up?

This weekend I will take some pics of mines then show them.

My outdoor crop is coming along nicely. I'll post some pics soon. The vegetables and flowers are looking good.

The cannabis always looks best when the plants are heavy with buds, so I'll wait a while longer with those beauties. :pimp:

#47 Aug 29, 2023, 04:56 AM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2023, 05:07 AM by degrassi.knoll
A few of my indoor babies.

Ficus microcarpa aka Curtain Fig aka Ficus Bonsai Tree. About 8 years old. I made the Klimpt planter 8)

Ficus elastica aka Burgundy Rubber Plant. I love this one a lot, it's my darling. Started about 7cm tall, and have had it for 3 years.

Another Rubber Plant, neglected by it's previous owner, adopted about eighteen months ago. Age unknown, planter also made by me.

And an assortment of other darlings featuring a couple more homemade planters but mostly not:

Spoiler

[close]

a particle; a fragment of totality

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 29, 2023, 04:56 AMAnother Rubber Plant, neglected by it's previous owner, adopted about eighteen months ago. Age unknown, planter also made by me.

Lol.

Cool plants and also you have a nice home  8)

My favourite plant is the first one you spoilered. It has attitude and pizzazz.

Only God knows.

#49 Aug 29, 2023, 11:39 PM Last Edit: Oct 11, 2023, 05:53 PM by Lexi Darling
I wasn't sure if I should post these, because as much as I fancy myself Mrs. Homemaker, I actually don't know much about our plants, the mister selected them for the decor, I just water them lol. I actually had to text him at his job just to get the names of the plants, haha.

(Image removed)
This is apparently called a snake plant. The red flowers are fake, my own little touch.

(Image removed)
This is what he says is called a schefflera.

(Image removed)
Neither of us are sure what this is lol.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Looks like a baby snake plant, non-variegated (stripy) lol

How often do you lot water your outdoor plants? Once a week seems OK to me. I have a plastic greenhouse thing and they're in there. Also I like putting my head in it and feeling the warmth and humidity.

Only God knows.

Pic of our indoor plants on a shelf.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ofzlwoxruw13mjb3e0kgm/20230830_183114.jpg?rlkey=7fsfmskjwz8mzrf1s94tusypg&dl=0

Our groot Chia pet has been taking awhile to grow and I'm not sure why.

I was this cool the whole time.

I'm starting to harvest some items from my garden as they ripen. So far I've got a few Thai Dragon peppers, Sweet Red Cherry peppers, and White Cherry tomatoes...

I've been picking and eating some of those already, so my total crop of these when finished will probably be about 4 to 5 times the amount shown here.

Looking good, Psy-Fi 🙂 We've got a few things out that we haven't harvested yet. Some carrots I believe, Jerusalem artichokes and we got two small apple trees that we planted a couple of years ago that are finally producing some nice apples.

Everyone ought to try Jerusalem artichokes. Scrumptious!

Happiness is a warm manatee

I have a poor plant that is starting to lean over and grow sideways. I believe I need to re-pot it into a bigger pot. I hope it's just not completely dying on me.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lssub64lpvj3u2yufn75z/20231111_145251.jpg?rlkey=uazkn26846maxebiygl4ilurf&dl=0

Any pro tips to save this baby?

I'm thinking maybe it has outgrown the smaller pot I have it in. So maybe I just need to transfer it and place like a wooden ruler in the soil to help it stand up a bit idk.

It looks like it's been overwatered. I would swap out the soil, but the planter size is probably fine based on the size of the roots. Roots want to be snug and secure. It should be strong enough to stand on its own, but the extra water retention is weighing it down.  The extra moister will lead to molding and fungus gnats. Always make sure the soil is thoroughly dried up to an inch deep before watering - especially in the winter.

Maybe I should place it outside on a super sunny day to dry up the soil. The temperatures are starting the dip in my area so I don't know how long I wanna leave it outside.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Nov 19, 2023, 03:04 AMIt looks like it's been overwatered. I would swap out the soil, but the planter size is probably fine based on the size of the roots. Roots want to be snug and secure. It should be strong enough to stand on its own, but the extra water retention is weighing it down.  The extra moister will lead to molding and fungus gnats. Always make sure the soil is thoroughly dried up to an inch deep before watering - especially in the winter.

DJ, I agree with degrassi.knoll. It is not necessarily the amoount of water you are giving it, but the fact that water may not be able to drain, and therefore stagnates. Does the white pot have holes in it? Or is there another pot inside that one? If not, then it would be good to drill a hole or a few small holes in the pot and place a saucer underneath which always contains a small amount of water e.g half a cup, so that the plant can soak up what it needs.