Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jun 14, 2023, 04:15 PMI was glad to see you post it - I'm a fan of the Fatboy Slim Old Skool Mix of Renegade Master and shared it to a few subreddits a few weeks ago. WBER played that edit often in 1997.

Yeah, that's a great mix. Would be great for a workout playlist.

Also love Deeperlove's version of it:

Along with Volac's remix of the Deeperlove version:

Another 90s house classic I forgot to include, Marc Kinchen was the man and still is:

Do we have a House thread? If not, I should probably start one.

Quote from: SGR on Jun 14, 2023, 04:32 PMAnother 90s house classic I forgot to include, Marc Kinchen was the man and still is:

Do we have a House thread? If not, I should probably start one.

For so many of these house videos you've posted this is my experience:
  • Hmm... I don't think I know this one.
  • click
  • Holy shit, that's what this song is called! I'm now in my teens again.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I feel you. I knew "Show Me Love" for a long time but never knew who did it or what it was actually called.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 14, 2023, 04:39 PMFor so many of these house videos you've posted this is my experience:
  • click

:beer:

Happy to take you down memory lane! I'm a self-admitted house junkie, and many of these songs are so saturated (because they were so influential) that even today, you'd be hard pressed to listen to a few house mixes without stumbling upon a remix or a sample of these tracks. Here's another good one:

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 14, 2023, 04:44 PMI feel you. I knew "Show Me Love" for a long time but never knew who did it or what it was actually called.

If "Show Me Love" isn't the most remixed song of all time, it's gotta be up there. Robin S has an absolutely phenomenal voice. Check out this incredible orchestral performance of the track from 2018, her voice sends chills down my spine:

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 14, 2023, 04:39 PMFor so many of these house videos you've posted this is my experience:
  • click

That was what I was hoping for with this thread.

I'm pleased it seems to be a popular one.

@degrassi.knoll you might like this thread.

Only God knows.

I worked at a movie theater when The Crow came out, so this kind of makes me think of sweeping up popcorn with the closing credits rolling by, but I do still think it's a beautifully sad song.

I played that Crow cassette to DEATH! :)

A few other stray 90s alternative radio favorites...

Ruth Ruth - Uninvited

Senser - States of Mind (actual song starts at 1:22 in this video)

Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You

(I'm like this all the time.)

Another 90s staple of my youth - Polaris' "Hey Sandy," the theme tune to Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

(I'm like this all the time.)

A couple of 90s stalwarts. Seal and Omar.

I don't think I've ever seen Seal with hair before.

^Apparently he decided to shave his head in 1994. It suits him, the lucky bar steward.

Here's another banger from Seal's hair era.

This is the original version with DJ Adamski from 1990, I like it better than the 1991 album version, feels more raw in that early rave era style but with that glorious hook that elevates it a lot.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

The Prodigy wasn't typically music that I would go out and buy, but if it was playing in a club or if someone pulled up in a petrol station forecourt, then it would call for much head bobbing.