Aug 01, 2023, 07:01 PM Last Edit: Aug 02, 2023, 01:54 AM by Guybrush
Hey guys,

So the other day me and my wife were talking about how frugal we were bringing our own lunch to the aquapark with the kids.

So while prepping, we started singing Red Hot Chili Peppers' Power of Frugality:

The power of frugality
Is not yet what it ought to be (ought to be)
We save our money in a hollow tree (hollow tree)
The power of frugality

And then later, as I was basking in the lazy river, I'm haunted by this tune:

Lazy river
Longer than a mile
I'm riding you in style today
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

And then I thought I bet other people's brains work like this too 🤔

What sort of nice or dumb things might you be singing to yourself?

Happiness is a warm manatee

I sing around the house all the time. If I'm alone at home and there's no music on I'm very often singing a little ditty or part of one.

Mr. Waffles and I have pretty wildly different musical tastes so unless I'm singing a very well known mainstream song there's little chance we both know it. We reference rap lyrics frequently together though. And Lou Bega, who we share a bit of a weird obsession with. Yes, the Mambo No. 5 guy. Yes he has more songs than just Mambo No. 5.

I don't really ever change the lyrics when I sing to myself though.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I used to love being annoying and do stupid things (I'm such a good friend).

I used to sing Annie Lennox No More I Love Yous a lot. Not the actual words, just the part that goes: Shooby dooby dub dub dub.... Aaaaah!!

I used to randomly scream the refrain to Sandra's Maria Magdalena. I'll never be.. Maria Magdalena!!

And once at the local karaoke pub, I sang Enigma's Return to Innocence because it was the stupidest thing I could think of.

Today I'm teaching my kids to be similarly annoying. I find it funny and horrible at the same time.

Happiness is a warm manatee