Those look like some kind of super-weed leaves. If I were blazed on that shit I'd probably end up looking like that guy too.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 15, 2023, 04:22 AMThose look like some kind of super-weed leaves. If I were blazed on that shit I'd probably end up looking like that guy too.

You probably wouldn't look like him, but you'd probably feel like he looks  :laughing:

For those that don't know, it's an alleged photo of a "skunk ape", Florida's version of a Bigfoot. The story behind the photo is as follows:

QuoteOn December 29, 2000, the Sarasota Sheriff's Department received an anonymous letter with two enclosed photos from a woman purporting to show what her husband believed was an escaped orangutan that had been stealing fruit from their back porch. She never mentioned anything about a Skunk Ape, but the photo clearly shows a large primate that is definitely not an orangutan.

The letter began, "Enclosed please find some pictures I took. My husband thinks it is an orangutan. Is someone missing an orangutan?"

The woman wrote that for two nights it had taken apples her daughter brought down from up north off their back porch. The photos were taken on the third night after she went outside to investigate a repetition of deep woomp noises. She aimed her camera at something that moved in the darkness behind the saw palmetto bushes at the rear of their property. After quickly snapping two photos, each accompanied by a blinding flash, the creature retreated into the woods. The woman wrote that its "awful smell" lasted long after it left the area. She leashed their dog in their backyard and it never returned.

The woman signed-off, "God Bless. I prefer to remain anonymous."

She wouldn't give her name, but wrote that the incident occurred on their property near I-75, east of Sarasota in an area that includes the Myakka River and the Myakka State Park. The creature has since become known as the Myakka Skunk Ape.

The Skunk Ape – Florida's Bigfoot

Just for fun I set my Microsoft Teams video chat background for work so it looks like I work in an indie record store. (I never really participate in video chats anywhere so this was a first for me.)

Within 15 minutes of my first day using it a coworker approached me and said, "my daughter left me a bunch of records - would you like them for free?" :)

I haven't taken a selfie yet this year so I thought I'd share the fun!

Sidenote: Someone asked me about the records, so I put together a list of nearly all of the pictured albums:

I see Various – The Rough Guide To Ethiopian Jazz, Prince's Purple Rain, Black Sheep – A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing on the Mercury label, Cam'ron's Purple Haze on Rock-A-Fella from 2004, the 2018 Legacy Records issue of Paul Simon's Graceland: The Remixes, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells on the Virgin label, the Quatermass And The Pit soundtrack, a Suzanne Ciani 12" I can't quite place, Front 242 – Never Stop!, The Creatures – Standing There, Tracey Ullman – The Best Of Tracey Ullman: You Broke My Heart In 17 Places (a novelty record from 1992), Brian Eno's epic Another Green World on the Island label, Vangelis' Beaubourg from '78 with the alternate cover art, The Damned – The Light At The End Of The Tunnel, Marilyn Manson – The Pale Emperor, Philip Glass – The Photographer, Tangerine Dream – Cyclone, Amon Düül II – Tanz Der Lemminge, and The Leather Nun – Pink House.

That's all of the visible covers with enough surface area visible to identify them. (This is what I do best.)

(I'm like this all the time.)

Nice photo, ISB ( or nice photoshop, as it's not real, right?)

Here's a couple of pictures by Australian artist, Russel Drysdale. You need a couple of examples to catch his strange, atmospheric vision of everyday rural life, as it used to be:-

Going To The Pictures, 1941

Man Feeding His Dogs, 1941

The Cricketers, 1948

What music should I be listening to, to really put me in the mood of these paintings ? I think this fits quite well:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Disfarmer, ya no say daddy me snow I go blame
A licky boom boom down

That art is really cool, Lisna :)

Happiness is a warm manatee

#20 Jun 30, 2023, 05:43 PM Last Edit: Oct 11, 2023, 05:57 PM by Lexi Darling
Here's a few fun pics I found from a cursory look through my favorites on my phone.

I took this at my old job, someone etched it into the dust on some old product box. Seems a bit sus if you ask me.

I found this at a grocery store a few years ago.

This fellow was the mascot of a resort hotel my family stayed in on our 1999 family vacation. Seems like a jolly chap, but his name is Gus Der Schweitzerboob and that was really funny when I was 10. And now.

(Image removed)
And here's yours truly! This was taken in winter 2001 or early 2002. I was in the early stages of my emo phase, hence the scowl, haha.

^Fun pics, @Mrs. Waffles 🙂

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jun 16, 2023, 11:39 PM

Looking good, isb 😊😘

Happiness is a warm manatee

Pictured: The Fall's lead singer, Mark E. Smith, on his final tour with the band before his death:

A painting from 1919, "Swan Upping At Cookham" by Stanley Spencer:-

Although swan upping leaves most Brits as baffled as the swans, it apparently still goes on, according to today's newspapers:-

So my sister linked me this super cute chibi style character art maker thing, so I made the closest approximation of myself I could with the included options. Came out pretty cute, if a bit too youthfully cutesy for someone of my mature aesthetic sensibilities, haha. Gonna use it as my avatar for now, I love the mouse but I needed a change.

And here's a link to the site where I made it, if anyone wants to make their own.
https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/2069970

That's nice, Mrs. Waffles ! I think my favourite detail is the little fork, bottom left. ;)

As you might guess, it's a little girly by my standards, but I notice that all the pink tones makes it really stand out in the avatar column of SCD's home page:

Most Jumps-Off-The-Screen-At-You Avatar Award: equal first place to Mrs. Waffles and jimmyjazz. Second place goes to Psy-Fi, with the blood-smeared, staring close-up which is very effective in an unsettling way.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Aug 11, 2023, 05:10 PMThat's nice, Mrs. Waffles ! I think my favourite detail is the little fork, bottom left. ;)

As you might guess, it's a little girly by my standards, but I notice that all the pink tones makes it really stand out in the avatar column of SCD's home page:

Most Jumps-Off-The-Screen-At-You Avatar Award: equal first place to Mrs. Waffles and jimmyjazz. Second place goes to Psy-Fi, with the blood-smeared, staring close-up which is very effective in an unsettling way.

Thanks! And I love Psy-Fi's avatar haha. Somehow the image of blood splattered Willy Wonka just makes sense, it tracks with Wonka's cavalier attitude toward the suffering of children. And that boat scene? I always knew he had to be an inch away from snapping.

Thanks for the award. I'd like to thank SCD, the smiley face and my pet cat Cecil.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 11, 2023, 05:19 PMThanks for the award. I'd like to thank SCD, the smiley face and my pet cat Cecil.

:laughing: Good one, jimmy jazz! A short and simple acceptance speech. There are a lot of Hollywood actors who could learn from your example ;)